SubjectRe: question about drivers/dma/dma-jz4780.c
On 21/07/2015 05:15, Vinod Koul wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:28:14AM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:

> Not just users but from a device management you are ensuring that your
> device is not able to send any more interrupts and also your tasklet is not
> spawned further. For this it is neccessary that devm_irq_free be called
> explcitly by devices

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think the explicit devm_free_irq() here is unnecessary, as when remove is
>>> called there should be no remaining users of the DMA controller and therefore
>>> no chance of an IRQ occurring between the controller being unregistered and an
>>> implicit IRQ release afterwards.
> Are you ensuring that device can no longer sent interrupts and all instances
> of tasklet running or either completed are terminated and no further tasklet
> can be spawned?

Hi Vinod,

If I understand correctly, when remove() is called, there should be no
more users of the DMA controller, enforced by the module reference count.

Wouldn't that guarantee that there are no more transactions running and
therefore no chance of an interrupt from the controller or a tasklet
still running?

Thanks,
Alex

  Last update: 2015-07-22 16:41    [W:0.074 / U:0.040 seconds]