SubjectRe: [RFC] percpu section full of holes
On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 12:09:32PM +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:
> For things we want to pack together, I suppose our only option is
> packing them into a struct and defining access macros into it. It's
> unfortunately clumsier but expresses the intended effect clearer to
> both readers and toolchain.

One annoying thing is that we prolly have quite a few places where
people put things which are likely to be used together close to each
other intentionally and by convention and we're now losing all that
contextual information. I have no idea whatsoever whether the gain
from toolchain shuffling symbols around is larger or smaller than
whatever gain which can be gained from such colocations.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2015-06-08 05:41    [W:0.032 / U:0.100 seconds]