SubjectUsage of restart_handler in pwrseq_emmc
Date
Hi,

I'm confused by the pwrseq-emmc registering a restart_handler for resetting an
emmc in a panic-reboot case at priority 129 to "schedules it just before
system reboot".

From what I remember from the restart-handler discussion the actuall usage is
traversing the ordered list until one registered handler sucessfully restarts
the system and not to have arbitary actions in there not related to the actual
restart process?

The actual documentation in kernel/reboot.c supports this assumption,
describing register_restart_handler as "Register function to be called to
reset the system".

Additionally, 128 isn't even _the_ priority to reboot the system as described
above and some drivers use higher priorities per default, see in
drivers/power/reset arm-versatile-reboot.c; at91-reset.c; rmobile-reset.c and
some more.

So I guess this should use some other mechanism (reboot notifier) instead of
restart_handlers?

Heiko

  Last update: 2015-06-02 18:01    [W:0.136 / U:0.076 seconds]