    SubjectRe: [RFC v3 37/45] nfs/sunrpc: No more encode and decode function pointer casting
    From
    On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Andreas Grünbacher
    <andreas.gruenbacher@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> How is this even remotely relevant to ACL functionality, and why does
    >> it deserve to bypass the NFS tree?
    >
    > I've posted this to the linux-nfs mailing list for review among
    > others, how is that
    > bypassing the NFS tree? Would you prefer those things sent to you personally
    > as well?

    No. I'm saying that changes that affect the core RPC code should not
    be going through external trees as part of an external feature; they
    should go through the maintainer trees.

    > This patch prepares for for the next one which changes the prototype
    > of the encode
    > functions to return an error code. Without this patch, oversights in
    > the next patch
    > would go unnoticed; with this patch, the compiler will complain.

    See the comments to that patch too. There are precedents for doing
    what you are trying to accomplish, and they do not require changes to
    core code.

    Trond

      Last update: 2015-05-29 03:21    [W:4.037 / U:0.028 seconds]