    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
    From

    >>> I've had Enterprise systems where I could hit power on two boxes, and
    >>> finish
    >>> the OS install on one before the other has even finished POST and look
    >>> for
    >>> the boot media. I did this 5 years ago, before the "let's speed up boot"
    >>> push started.
    >>>
    >>> Admittedly, this wasn't a stock distro boot/install, it was my own
    >>> optimized
    >>> one, but it also wasn't as optimized and automated as it could have been
    >>> (several points where the installer needed to pick items from a menu and
    >>> enter values)
    >>>

    >> You guys might have missed this new industry trend, I think they call
    >> it virtualisation,
    >>
    >> I hear it's going to be big, you might want to look into it.
    >

    > So what do you run your virtual machines on? you still have to put an OS on
    > the hardware to support your VMs. Virtualization doesn't eliminate servers
    > (as much as some cloud advocates like to claim it does)
    >
    > And virtualization has overhead, sometimes very significant overhead, so
    > it's not always the right answer.

    Thanks for proving my point, RHEL as a distro runs in both scenarios, optimising
    one is important at the moment, that fact that it might speed up boot on server
    which take 15 mins to POST is a side effect.

    For some reason people seem to think their one use case is all that matters,

    Dave.

      Last update: 2015-04-30 03:41    [W:4.836 / U:0.240 seconds]