SubjectRe: Fwd: Re: unbind/bind w1-gpio with device tree produce a crash
Dear Markus,

Am 05.03.2015 um 08:35 schrieb Markus Pargmann:
> Good point. The easy way to solve this may be to check in the remove
> function if the devicetree node for this device is available. If it is,
> we know that platform_data was allocated with devm_* and we can set
> platform_data to NULL.
>
> I think the better solution would be to create a private structure with
> the same data as w1_gpio_platform_data. It may even use the same struct.
> But it should not be stored in platform_data. Instead it should be
> handled seperately. For DT we can allocate it using devm_kzalloc(). And
> for probing with pdata, this could just be the pointer to the pdata
> within the device struct.

Could you give me more details about the "private structure" idea,
perhaps off-list?

The backup method via w1_gpio_*_orig collides when more than 1 bus is
used, this data could be stored in the private structure too.

Kind regards,
Ingo Flaschberger

  Last update: 2015-03-05 13:01    [W:0.078 / U:0.476 seconds]