    SubjectRe: README Cleanup Project
    From
    Why does the Linux kernel keep outdated cruft like this in tree?

    If you need lilo you can just run /sbin/lilo yourself, there is no
    need for this to be in the kernel, especially when the project is
    being phased out already.

    Should I send a patch removing all lilo entries from the project?

    Diego

    On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Diego Viola <diego.viola@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 4:09 AM, Diego Viola <diego.viola@gmail.com> wrote:

    >>> What for? LILO still works just fine here, TYVM.
    >>>

    >> I know LILO still works fine, and I know the project is still alive.
    >
    > Wait, I'm actually not sure about my statement above, looks like the
    > project is dead:
    >
    > "NOTE: I will finish development of LILO at December 2015 because of
    > some limitations (e.g. with BTFS, GPT, RAID). If someone want to
    > develop this nice software further, please let me know ..."
    >
    > http://lilo.alioth.debian.org/

    >>> _What_ current standards?
    >>
    >> Perhaps not "standards" but there are other bootloaders these days,
    >> GRUB and systemd-boot being one of them.
    >>
    >> Shouldn't the README be generic or neutral about bootloaders?
    >>
    >> See this message from Jonathan Corbet where he gave his opinion on this:
    >>
    >> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/12/10/602
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Diego

      Last update: 2015-12-12 13:01    [W:8.016 / U:0.008 seconds]