SubjectRe: Linux 3.19-rc5
From
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com> wrote:

> Perhaps sched_annotate_sleep() shouldn't depend on CONFIG_DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP
> too...

Ugh. That thing is horrible. The naming doesn't make it obvious at all
that it's actually making sure that we have state set to TASK_RUNNING,
and I could easily imagine that it would cause similar "busy-loops
while scheduling" issues if anybody ever uses it in the wrong context.

So I really think that whole thing is a sign of "the debug
infrastructure is buggy, and people are introducing fragile things to
just shut up the false positives".

I don't know how to fix it. I really get the feeling that the whole
new "nested sleep" detection code was a mistake to begin with, since
it wasn't even a real bug, and it has now created more bugs than it
ever detected afaik.

Linus

  Last update: 2015-01-31 19:41    [W:0.127 / U:23.768 seconds]