SubjectRe: SO_REUSEPORT and Unix domain sockets

> How can this be used for sockets of type AF_UNIX?
>
> I can only get it working with TCP sockets, not Unix domain sockets.
>
> When using TCP, the incoming clients will get nicely balanced to all
> processes listening. With Unix domain sockets, the incoming clients all get
> connected only to the last started process.
>
> The test code (Python) I was trying is here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23742368/can-so-reuseport-be-used-on-unix-domain-sockets
>
> Any hints appreciated,
> /Tobias

Looking at the original patch looks like the implementation is only
done for TCP and UDP:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=c617f398edd4db2b8567a28e899a88f8f574798d

UNIX domain sockets use the file system as the address name space, so
SO_REUSEPORT would not be applicable.

  Last update: 2014-09-20 04:21    [W:0.094 / U:0.008 seconds]