SubjectRe: iSCSI target stops sending responses to login requests
Evgenii Lepikhin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have several NAS servers with kernels 3.4.xx-3.13.xx. We've got a
> problem: after 1..4 months of work target servers stops responding to
> login requests.

I have seen a very similar problem on file servers, in my case an NFS workgroup
server. I thought it was due to down level 3.8.13-fc17 kernel, not scheduled for
upgrade for a few months yet, probably over Labor Day weekend.

However, existing connections on the machine also will respond to ENTER with a
newline, but any connand requiring a new process hangs. It behaves as if the
machine was out of processes, but I traced processes every few minutes and saw
no buildup.

In addition, the machine hosts a virtual machine which continues to work just
fine. Does any of this match additional issues you didn't mention or haven't
checked?

[__ snip __]

> Any ideas?

May or may not be related, we have a console open on the machine and can verify
the odd behavior.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

  Last update: 2014-08-11 21:21    [W:0.051 / U:0.704 seconds]