SubjectRe: Should Pstore(ramoops) records customized information?

On 2014/6/20 18:47, Liu hua wrote:
> On 2014/6/20 7:42, Luck, Tony wrote:
>
>>> BTW, I note that "extern struct pstore_info *psinfo" locates in
>>> fs/pstore/internal.h. So users out of directory "fs/pstore/" can not use pstore to
>>> record messages. We do not want other kernel users to use pstore, right? And can we
>>> break this?
>> Yes we can make some interface visible to the rest of the kernel ... probably
>> not the raw "*psinfo" though. Perhaps the pstore_alloc_ring_buffer() and
>> pstore_write_ring_buffer() functions should be the ones exported to the
>> rest of the kernel.
>>
>>> ditoo.. Since other backends like efi and erst may can not privide such ring buffer.
>>> So pstore_alloc_ring_buffer should be a funciton pointer of pstore_info struct.
>> Yes - that allows less capable backend like ERST and efivars to not provide the
>> service. Since it becomes internal, you can drop the "pstore_" prefix. E.g.
>> something like:
>>
>> int pstore_alloc_ring_buffer(char *name, int size)
>> {
>> return psinfo->alloc_ring_buffer(name, size);
>> }
>> EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(pstore_alloc_ring_buffer);
>>
>> ... and you have to find/make some global header for the "extern" declaration.
> I will make these RFC patch series according to our discussion. Thanks you very to
> valuable advice.

Sorry for seeing your email late.We already worked out some patches to restructure
pstore. Would you like to try patchset http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1697680/?

We have more patches available to add some flags to disable/enable specific zones.

Yanmin

  Last update: 2014-06-25 03:21    [W:0.104 / U:1.420 seconds]