SubjectRE: [RFC] Unnecessary work and noise from mce code in suspend/resume path
Date
>> When we suspend a laptop we offline all but one processor. But
>> the mce code registers on a notify chain so it can clean up
>> some sysfs entries. Part of that code calls device_unregister()
>> which will fire kobject_uevent() which might wake up some user
>> code that is watching for such things.
>
> The issue being?
>
> It is not clear from the text what actually is the problem.

We are trying to suspend - and yet we are now having udev
woken up to run some scripts ... that will burn power ... which
is what we are trying to avoid when we shut the lid of the
laptop. There might be some Android-isms involved too
that I don't understand.

-Tony

  Last update: 2014-05-23 21:41    [W:0.659 / U:0.052 seconds]