SubjectRe: Linux 3.15-rc6
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 07:47:35AM +0900, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Due to travels and related lack of internet access, the rc releases
> haven't been following the normal Sunday release cycle, and since I
> caught up with what happened while I was off-line, rather than wait
> until next Sunday to reset to the normal cycle, I'm just releasing rc6
> now mid-week from Tokyo.
>
> With rc5 being a couple of days early, and rc6 being several days
> late, we had almost two weeks in between them. The size of the result
> is not twice as large, though, hopefully partially because it's
> getting late in the rc series and things are supposed to be calming
> down, but presumably also because some submaintainers just didn't send
> their pull requests because they knew I was off-line. Whatever the
> reason, things don't look bad.
>
> The patch distribution looks pretty normal too. Mostly drivers (acpi,
> sound, media, i915, clk, pci..) with the bulk of the rest being
> various arch updates (notably MIPS, but arm and parisc too). And a
> smattering of other random stuff in filesystems and core kernel code.

Unfortunately it appears that the parisc changes cause build failures
with parisc 64 bit builds.

Building parisc:a500_defconfig ... failed
Building parisc:generic-64bit_defconfig ... failed

Error log:
arch/parisc/kernel/built-in.o: In function `sys_call_table':
(.rodata+0xad0): undefined reference to `compat_sys_renameat2'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

parisc 32 bit builds (defconfig and generic-32bit_defconfig) are fine.

Guenter

  Last update: 2014-05-22 20:01    [W:0.122 / U:0.340 seconds]