SubjectRe: Filesystem lockup with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT
From
On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM, John Blackwood
<john.blackwood@ccur.com> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 03:33:49 -0400
>> From: Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@gmail.com>
>> To: Austin Schuh <austin@peloton-tech.com>
>> CC: LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, xfs <xfs@oss.sgi.com>, rt-users
>> <linux-rt-users@vger.kernel.org>
>> Subject: Re: Filesystem lockup with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT
>

>> CC'ing RT folks

> Austin and Richard,
>
> I'm not 100% sure that the patch below will fix your problem, but we
> saw something that sounds pretty familiar to your issue involving the
> nvidia driver and the preempt-rt patch. The nvidia driver uses the
> completion support to create their own driver's notion of an internally
> used semaphore.
>
> Some tasks were failing to ever wakeup from wait_for_completion() calls
> due to a race in the underlying do_wait_for_common() routine.

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion and patch. The issue is that the work never
gets run, not that the work finishes but the waiter never gets woken.
I applied it anyways to see if it helps, but I still get the lockup.

Thanks,
Austin

  Last update: 2014-05-23 23:41    [W:0.064 / U:0.272 seconds]