SubjectRe: bq24190: What's the correct API to turn boost mode (OTG) on for the battery charger ?
[Removing Anton from CC]

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:25:43AM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:35:34AM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Thank you for the quick reply.
>
> Hi Laurent. Sorry for the delay.

> > > [Adding Anton Vorontsov to CC list.]
> > >
> > > Hi Laurent.

> > > No, its not a good solution. As indicated in the commit log, the sysfs
> > > entries are there because there are just so many fields that don't map
> > > well to the existing interface.
> > >
> > > Maybe we should add support for a DT entry to enable exporting those
> > > fields(disabled by default)?

> > > What if we just added something like POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_TYPE_BOOST?
> >
> > That was actually my first thought, and I assumed it would be rejected as
> > boost mode is not a charge type but a discharge type :-)
>
> Er, right. :(
>
> > This being said, I
> > don't have enough experience with battery chargers to decide whether this is a
> > good solution. If you believe it is, I'll trust you on that.
>
> No, you're right, that isn't a good solution.
>
> I don't see a really good fit anywhere. The easiest thing may be to add
> a new POWER_SUPPLY_PROP_xxx power_supply_property member which can be set
> to flip it into boost mode but I'm not sure if that's really the right
> thing to do.
>
> I hope Anton will comment on this.

After looking at MAINTAINERS and its git log, it looks like Dmitry has
taken over.

Dmitry, do you have anything insight?

Mark

  Last update: 2014-05-21 21:41    [W:0.063 / U:0.156 seconds]