SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/10] perf/core improvements and fixes

* Namhyung Kim <namhyung@kernel.org> wrote:

> Hi Andi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:
> > Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com> writes:
> >
> >> hi Ingo,
> >> please consider pulling
> >
> > So who actually maintains perf user space now?
> >
> > I have at least 4 perf user patchkits/bug fixes pending, but
> > Arnaldo hasn't answered any email for weeks.

So a bit of background: sloppy, abusive contributors not willing to
change get ignored after some time. For example Andi got such a bad
track record in the x86 and perf space with me that all your mails go
to /dev/null currently. (I only saw this one because Namhyung replied
to it.)

Andi, as I explained it to you previously, if you want me to merge
patches from you then you need to 1) improve the way you work 2) send
it to someone who is willing to deal with you and sign off on it and
forward it to me.

Seems like you managed to burn up your goodwill with Arnaldo as well.
You need to find someone else willing to pay the expense of dealing
with your passive-aggressive style.

Just a quick example of your abuse: for example you know it perfectly
well that perf is well maintained, a simple 'git log tools/perf/' will
tell you that there's a steady stream of patches going in and that
perf contributors are busy.

Yet in this mail you actually lie about that: you pretend that you
don't know that most Linux maintainers have trouble working with you,
you pretend that perf is "unmaintained", you pretend that you don't
know who is maintaining it, just to create unfair pressure on Arnaldo

That kind of approach really sucks, and if you run out of people's
patience with petty office tactics like that then you should not fault
them, you should fault yourself.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2014-04-09 07:41    [W:0.213 / U:0.260 seconds]