SubjectRe: Thread Scheduler
Hi,

> OK I read them and it seems that in order to change the scheduler, I have to write a C code and call the sched_set* functions. Please correct that if I am wrong.
>
> So in order to use my custom scheduler, I have to do the following steps.
>
> 1- Write my code using the APIs and save that in kernel/sched_custom.c
> 2- Invoke sched_custom.c in kernel/sched.c
> 3- Recompile the kernel source
> 4- Reboot using the new kernel
> 5- write a C code and call sched_setschedule() to use my scheduler.
>
> Is that all? Your reply is appreciated.

No, AFAIK these are *user-space* APIs, thus they're supposed to be used by
applications (correct me if I'm wrong).

So the question would be what exactly you're trying to achieve:
either you want to actively modify the kernel-side scheduler sources,
in which case these APIs probably are not what you want (to use there),
or you're trying to modify scheduling configuration of user-space applications,
in which case they possibly are.
Or you want both, in which case you probably
modify kernel scheduler implementation *and* use sched_*() in user-space
with the intent to ensure that that modified scheduler implementation
gets chosen.

HTH,

Andreas Mohr

  Last update: 2014-03-24 21:41    [W:0.061 / U:1.720 seconds]