lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2014]   [Mar]   [2]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: [PATCH 0/3] media/drx39xyj: fix DJH_DEBUG path null pointer dereferences, and compile errors.
Em Sat, 01 Mar 2014 07:57:42 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <m.chehab@samsung.com> escreveu:

> Hi Devin,
>
> Em Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:13:16 -0500
> Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@kernellabs.com> escreveu:
>
> > Seems kind of strange that I wasn't on the CC for this, since I was the
> > original author of all that code (in fact, DJH are my initials).
> >
> > Mauro, did you strip off my authorship when you pulled the patches from my
> > tree?
>
> Thanks for warning me about that!
>
> Not sure what happened there. The original branch were added back in 2012,
> with the sole reason to provide a way for Patrick Dickey to catch a few
> patches I made on that time with some CodingStyle fixes:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/shortlog/refs/heads/drx-j
>
> There, your name was there as an extra weird "Committer" tag on those changesets:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/24d5ed7b19cc19f807264d7d4d56ab48e5cab230
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/0440897f72b9cf82b8f576fae292b0567ad88239
>
> The second one also contained a "Tag: tip" on it. So, I suspect that
> something wrong happened when I imported it (either from your tree or
> from some email sent by you or by Patrick). Probably, some broken
> hg-import scripting.
>
> Anyway, I rebased my tree, fixing those issues, at:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/shortlog/refs/heads/drx-j-v3
>
> I also added a credit at the first patch for Patrick's fixes that
> I suspect it was merged somehow there, based on the comments he
> posted at the mailing list when he sent his 25-patches series:
> https://lwn.net/Articles/467301/
>
> Please let me know if you find any other issues on it. Anyway, I'll post
> the patches from my experimental branch at the ML before merging them
> upstream, in order to get a proper review.
>
> Before that happen, however, I need to fix a serious bug that is
> preventing to watch TV with this frontend, that it is there since the
> first patch.
>
> To be sure that this is a driver issue, I tested the driver on
> another OS using the original PCTV driver, and it worked.
>
> However, since the first working version of this driver, it
> is randomly losing MPEG TS packets.
>
> The bug is intermittent: every time it sets up VSB reception, it loses
> different MPEG TS tables. Sometimes, not a single TS packet is received,
> but, most of the time, it gets ~ 1/10 of the expected number of packets.

Partially found and fixed it with this patch:
http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commitdiff/5cc6dca273e51494c17df5e488aaf223732edb38

After that, it properly receives data at the right rate (~19Mbps) as
generated by DTA-2111.

However, there are still some weird things happening there... While
the bit rate is ~ 19 Mbps, and adding a printk just before calling
dvb_dmx_swfilter() to print the rate is showing the right bitrate
(The signal generator shows it as 19.392.659 bps):

[86213.084891] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19428.672 kbps
[86214.087737] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86215.090586] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86216.093433] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86217.096280] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86218.099126] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86219.101971] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86220.104814] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86221.107659] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86222.110519] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19430.176 kbps
[86223.113351] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86224.116200] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps
[86225.119047] em28xx_dvb_urb_data_copy: 19431.680 kbps

Using dvbv5-zap on monitor mode only shows about 6.3 Mbps:

PID FREQ SPEED TOTAL
05b6 1.33 p/s 2.0 Kbps 2 KB
06a5 4.57 p/s 6.7 Kbps 10 KB
07cf 4.40 p/s 6.5 Kbps 9 KB
0a93 1200.38 p/s 1763.1 Kbps 2651 KB
0f75 2.66 p/s 3.9 Kbps 5 KB
1743 5.49 p/s 8.1 Kbps 12 KB
18c4 1205.04 p/s 1769.9 Kbps 2661 KB
197a 4.65 p/s 6.8 Kbps 10 KB
1c15 4.99 p/s 7.3 Kbps 11 KB
1c68 1286.40 p/s 1889.4 Kbps 2841 KB
1d4b 4.32 p/s 6.3 Kbps 9 KB
1fb2 4.07 p/s 6.0 Kbps 8 KB
1fff 2.33 p/s 3.4 Kbps 5 KB
TOT 4319.15 p/s 6343.7 Kbps 9541 KB


Lock (0x1f) Signal= 71.00% C/N= 0.42% UCB= 273 postBER= 0

It seems that most of the packets are without the 0x47 sync byte there.

In order to compare with another frontend, this is what it is seen
with WinTV Aero-A (model 72251, rev D3F0):


PID FREQ SPEED TOTAL
0000 15.87 p/s 23.3 Kbps 29 KB
0010 6.39 p/s 9.4 Kbps 11 KB
0011 11754.82 p/s 17264.9 Kbps 21617 KB
0014 312.27 p/s 458.6 Kbps 574 KB
0015 156.03 p/s 229.2 Kbps 286 KB
001f 1.70 p/s 2.5 Kbps 3 KB
0200 430.07 p/s 631.7 Kbps 790 KB
0630 6.39 p/s 9.4 Kbps 11 KB
1053 7.19 p/s 10.6 Kbps 13 KB
1054 2.40 p/s 3.5 Kbps 4 KB
1055 2.40 p/s 3.5 Kbps 4 KB
1056 1.70 p/s 2.5 Kbps 3 KB
112d 4.79 p/s 7.0 Kbps 8 KB
112e 1.60 p/s 2.3 Kbps 2 KB
112f 1.60 p/s 2.3 Kbps 2 KB
1ffb 14.97 p/s 22.0 Kbps 27 KB
1fff 159.43 p/s 234.2 Kbps 293 KB
TOT 12880.50 p/s 18918.2 Kbps 23688 KB


Lock (0x1f) Signal= 71.43% C/N= 0.38% UCB= 250 postBER= 0

The net result is that it is impossible to watch TV with PCTV 80e,
as most of the MPEG TS packages got discarded, but it works fine with
WinTV Aero.


So, there's something causing packet corruption there at drx-j.

No sure yet how to fix it.

Regards,
--

Cheers,
Mauro


\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2014-03-02 17:21    [W:0.062 / U:0.372 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site