SubjectRe: mips octeon memory model questions
From
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org> wrote:

> Still doesn't make sense, because if we need the first sync to stop
> writes from being re-ordered with the ll-sc, we also need the second
> sync to avoid the same.

Presumably octeon doesn't do speculative writes, only *buffered* writes.

So writes move down, not up.

But it looks like Cavium is one of those clown companies that have a
"contact us" button for technical documentation rather than actually
making it available.

Christ, why would anybody do business with a tech company that hides
technical details? Seriously, that just stinks of "we have so many
bugs that we cannot make the documentation available".

Linus

  Last update: 2014-02-04 20:41    [W:0.055 / U:0.480 seconds]