SubjectRe: perf_fuzzer compiled for x32 causes reboot
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:18:23 -0500 (EST)
> Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@maine.edu> wrote:
>
> > I was away from the computer this afternoon and of course I have scores of
> > e-mails on this topic now with lots of competing patches. Is there one
> > in particular I'm supposed to be testing?
>
> I was poking fun at you on IRC for this exact reason:
>
> <rostedt> poor Vince, I keep sending him new patches. "No, don't test this patch, now test this one. Oh wait, try this one instead"
> * peterz sees Vince thinking: "stop... sending.. me.. damn... patches... already... !!!11!"
> <rostedt> or at least, "Let me finish this test before I cancel it again for another damn patch"
> <rostedt> then he's probably doing "I'm not going to run any tests now, until I wait a while to see if there's a new patch to test"

Well while it might appear that I spend all of my days finding perf_event
bugs, I actually am a college professor so I do occasionally have to run
off to teach a class, meet with students, or write papers/grants for other
academics to reject.

It's nice others can reproduce the issue now, it would have saved me a lot
of trouble, although now in theory I have a much better handle of how to
use/abuse ftrace so I guess it was worth it.

Once the fix gets into git I'm sure the relentless perf_fuzzer will let us
know if there are any other issues left. I do look forward to the day
when I can leave it running overnight and have a clean syslog the next
morning.

Vince

  Last update: 2014-03-01 01:21    [W:0.148 / U:0.068 seconds]