SubjectRe: perf_fuzzer compiled for x32 causes reboot
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Now we need to figure out if the reboot problem and the segfault problem
> are actually the same... I have a nasty feeling they might be different
> problems.

I'm currently running a script that tries setting EBP to all possible
32-bit pages and running the test to see if that triggers anything.

If I look at my notes the original reboot crash might have happened when I
had the fuzzer also generating overflow signals (my current tests do not)
so I'm not sure if having all this mess triggered from inside a signal
handler could make it reboot somehow.

I was away from the computer this afternoon and of course I have scores of
e-mails on this topic now with lots of competing patches. Is there one
in particular I'm supposed to be testing?

Thanks,

Vince

  Last update: 2014-02-28 23:01    [W:0.237 / U:0.020 seconds]