SubjectDoes it need to implement irq_set_type method in the ioapic_chip?
From
Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you!
Does it need to implement irq_set_type method in the
ioapic_chip(arch/x86/kernel/apic/io_apic.c) structure?

Recently, I developed a device driver based on x86. The device uses a
falling edge interrupt trigger mode, so I have to set the trigger mode
in the request_irq function, but found that it can not be set
successfully, it turn out to be that the irq_set_type method is not be
implemented in the ioapic_chip structure, that is to say, for APIC
interrupt controller, can not set the trigger mode.

So I would like to consult with you for two questions:
1. Does it need to implement irq_set_type method in the ioapic_chip structure?
2. if no need to implement it, how can device driver set the trigger
mode of APIC interrupt controller pin?

Thank you!
Carl

  Last update: 2014-02-18 09:01    [W:0.022 / U:0.148 seconds]