SubjectRe: Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them. Where's linus in all of this?
On 02/14/2014 11:10 AM, ChaosEsque Team wrote:
> I much prefer simpler forms over complex forms.
> SysV is that vs systemd.
>
> The systemd people have pushed hard for exclusive systemd in debian.
> And everywhere else for that matter.
>
> I really would like to have the option, forever, to continue using
> sysv scripts, just like we've been doing since linux came into existance
> and since debian came into the world. I do not like how systemd
> works, I just don't want to use it. I don't like how it
> takes over everything.
>
> I do like debian, it has always been about choice.
> But now the systemd people are taking that choice away.
>
> They are always threatening us that sysv scripts _will_
> "bit rot" away (they're wooden?, no they exist now and work
> fine, and will continue to work fine).
>
> I wish someone could weigh in and defang the systemd and pottering
> people. They are steamrolling over all of us, they seem to take
> pleasure in the fact that we will have to relearn everything and on
> their terms. It is domination of the mind.
>
> They also have zero respect for anyone else. Zero respect for
> people that like the unix way. Zero respect for those older than them
> and Zero respect for those working in the field.
>
> Could linus perhaps atleast delegate udev away from pottering and friends?
> And maybe make a statement that linux is NOT systemd, there is no
> new "linux software stack" that pottering and friends keep insisting on.
>
> This situation is coming to a head. We need leadership against this
> landgrab of the systemd people.

> On Fri, 2/14/14, Borislav Petkov <bp@alien8.de> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them. Where's linus in all of this?
> To: "ChaosEsque Team" <chaosesqueteam@yahoo.com>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> Date: Friday, February 14, 2014, 6:27 AM
>
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 05:19:01AM
> -0800, ChaosEsque Team wrote:
> > Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the
> fans of them.
> > Where's linus in all of this?
> >
> > The systemd fans ban anyone who say f__k-that to
> systemd.
> >
> > What can we do?
> > Can we fork debian? (Why do we have to...)
> > Why do 4 people get to decide to send thousands and
> thousands of people into the systemd waters?
> > This is not fair.
> >
> > This is not-pro choice. And YES, linux, and especially
> debian IS about choice.
>
> I don't know if you're trolling for a useless discussion or
> this is
> really your opinion but if it were, I have to say that I
> agree with you
> about the choice aspect. I don't like that systemd-or-die
> XOR-morality
> either.
>
> I'm sure systemd might have its merits and all but I think,
> too, people
> should have a choice on any distro.
>
> Just my 2c.
>
> --
> [...]

I wholeheartedly second this, systemd is way too monolithic. What ever
happened to the traditional *nix philosophy of writing a program that
did one thing, and did it really well. If i wanted to be forced lack of
choice, I'd be using OS X or Windows, not Linux. This is actually one
of the primary reasons I refuse to use Debian or Ubuntu anymore. Even
worse, I've heard rumblings of plans to integrate D-Bus into systemd,
although that's likely to result in somebody forking D-Bus.

  Last update: 2014-02-14 19:01    [W:0.074 / U:0.048 seconds]