SubjectRe: ip_set: protocol %u message -- useful?
On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Florian Westphal wrote:

> Ilia Mirkin <imirkin@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > > Maybe printing "using protocol version X" will make it appear less like
> > > a debugging message referring to packet contents or something similar.
> >
> > With pr_info it'll still appear in dmesg, and it'll still be "random
> > non-sensical message appears over and over in dmesg" type of
> > situation, to the vast majority of users. Do we need a print every
> > time someone creates a new tcp connection too? I'm still not totally
> > clear on the cause of this message getting printed, but I was seeing
> > it a whole bunch in my configuration...
>
> Yes, because it erronously got moved into the netns init function.
>
> And thats what causes the spew. Moving it back into module init
> function should be enough.

Florian has got right, that'd be the best.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary

  Last update: 2014-02-13 22:41    [W:0.321 / U:0.196 seconds]