SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] compiler/gcc4: Add quirk for 'asm goto' miscompilation bug
From
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Steven Noonan <steven@uplinklabs.net> wrote:

> If I change the GCC_VERSION check for the asm_volatile_goto quirk to
> include 4.8.2, then KVM guests are properly cleaned up.

Ok, I guess that means we should just make the quirk unconditional.

Ingo, do you want to do that or should I?

> So is there some other 'asm goto' bug we haven't yet fully uncovered
> and reported to GCC upstream?

Not to my knowledge. But I'm sure Jakub&co would love to have a test-case.

Sadly, gcc has that really annoying habit of making small changes
create *huge* changes in label numbers etc, and that's definitely the
case with the extra empty asm - it's basically impossible to compare
the generated asm with and without the workaround, because all the
label numbers change.

I have no idea how gcc people debug things like this, when the output
is so unstable.

Jakub, any suggestions to how Steven might be able to pinpoint where
the code generation problem lies?

Linus

  Last update: 2014-02-13 05:41    [W:0.072 / U:1.448 seconds]