SubjectRE: [v3 25/26] KVM: Suppress posted-interrupt when 'SN' is set
Date
Paolo Bonzini wrote on 2014-12-18:

> On 18/12/2014 04:14, Wu, Feng wrote:
>>

>> linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org wrote on mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Paolo:
>>> x86@kernel.org; Gleb Natapov; Paolo Bonzini; dwmw2@infradead.org;
>>> joro-zLv9SwRftAIdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org; Alex Williamson;
>>> joro-zLv9SwRftAIdnm+Jiang
>>> Liu
>>> Cc: iommu@lists.linux-foundation.org;
>>> linux-kernel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org; KVM list;
>>> Eric Auger
>>> Subject: Re: [v3 25/26] KVM: Suppress posted-interrupt when 'SN' is
>>> set

>>> Can this happen? If the vcpu is in guest mode, it cannot have been
>>> scheduled out, and that's the only case when SN is set.
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>
>> Currently, the only place where SN is set is vCPU is preempted and

If the vCPU is preempted, shouldn't the subsequent be ignored? What happens if a PI is occurs when vCPU is preempted?

>> waiting for the next scheduling in the runqueue. But I am not sure
>> whether we need to set SN for other purpose in future. Adding SN
>> checking here is just to follow the Spec. non-urgent interrupts are
>> suppressed
> when SN is set.
>
> I would change that to a WARN_ON_ONCE then.

Best regards,
Yang

  Last update: 2014-12-18 16:21    [W:0.136 / U:0.764 seconds]