SubjectRe: [PULL REQUEST] remove .owner for most platform_drivers
On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 06:54:41PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> @all: The granularity level is per-directory. Greg was okay with that, speak up
> if you strongly disagree. I am really going for consistency here, not patch
> count (and to avoid patches on per-driver level which I already got a few for
> my subsystem). Also, I have not CCed all the mailing lists, since Greg
> suggested that he'd pull this series. If people prefer, I can resend this mail
> with all lists on CC.

Not sure if it'll come up again but it is generally nicer to at least
tell the subsystem maintainers that there's a patch being sent so
they're not surprised by conflicts, especially with this sort of
stylistic change where it's not something there's been much advertisment
of. I think there's some scripts that go along with the cocci stuff to
mail things out without needing to spam everyone in one message.

/me just ran into another conflict with this which he had to think about
so is being a bit grumpy.

  Last update: 2014-11-26 22:01    [W:0.434 / U:0.384 seconds]