SubjectRe: bluetooth related firmware loader spew on resume.
On Wed, 2014-11-26 at 23:05 +0900, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> >> In order to paper over this, we may also remember the failing firmware
> >> and avoid loading it. This might be an easer way than the endless
> >> fight against UMH race...
> >

> > the full fix would be to implement reset_resume() for btusb.
> > It seems to me that setup() should be split in two methods,
> > one to request the firmware from user space and the second
> > to transfer it to the device. reset_resume() would just need
> > to repeat the second operation.
>
> so when you do hci_register_dev, then hdev->setup is only called once. I really mean only once per lifetime of the hci_dev. So you would need to unregister the hci_dev first before hdev->setup will ever be called again. So I am not sure this is actually the problem here. The problem here is entirely within request_firmware() unless of course we run through the USB probe handlers again. Which I do not see happening here.

It seems most likely to me that probing is indeed done again.
btusb does not implement reset_resume(). If power goes away
as is usual on S3/4 the device is reenumerated. The original
trace has a call to btusb_setup_bcm_patchram().
What else could be happening?

Regards
Oliver

  Last update: 2014-11-26 16:01    [W:0.165 / U:0.412 seconds]