SubjectRe: futex testsuite suggestion...
From
From: Darren Hart <dvhart@infradead.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:02:39 -0800

> From your suggestion I put together a simple transparent hugepage functional
> test. See the "thp" branch, functional/futex_wait_thp.c.
>
> I'd like your thoughts on if this functions as desired. Is the simple single
> threaded timeout sufficient, or would you prefer to see a waiter/waker pair of
> threads for each iteration?
>
> Some TODOs still:
>
> I wasn't sure if there was a way to test for hugepagesize and my quick search
> didn't reveal anything (other than /proc/meminfo).
>
> Check at runtime if the test is getting a huge page, otherwise it just reports
> success, but used several regular pages instead.

This looks excellent! I did a test run on my sparc64 box and it passed
as well.

I do not thinks thread waiter/waker pairs are necessary for this test.

And indeed I do not know of any way other than /proc/meminfo to test
for this. Perhaps there are some tricks in the LTP testsuite?

Thanks!

  Last update: 2014-11-24 23:41    [W:0.063 / U:0.476 seconds]