SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Fix for Integrity subsystem null pointer deref
From
On 29 October 2014 23:22, Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2014 1:20 PM, "Mimi Zohar" <zohar@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 11:51 -0700, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

>> > Indeed. Still... eww. I don't like code that, upon local inspection,
>> > is apparently wrong, even though it's coincidentally correct due to
>> > some other far away condition.
>>
>> No, the code may be incomplete, but definitely not wrong.
>
> I said "apparently wrong" instead of "wrong" for a reason :)

I see there is a long discussion about this patch.

Actually using something like this "if (xattr_value_len <
sizeof(struct evm_ima_xattr_data))" or using sizeof (struct
signature_v2_hdr)
in this function does not give too much.
xattr value is variable length value and having that statement false
absolutely does not mean that the value is correct.
It can be even a random garbage of the correct size.
This particular function checks the first byte only so the test is good enough.

- Dmitry