SubjectRe: reboot housekeeping, lack thereof, is messing with me
Gene Heskett wrote:
> To whomever is in charge of the supposedly volatile LCK.. files in
> /var/lock:

Whoever that may be, it's not the kernel.

> Its my understanding that these files should be volatile when they
> represent a USB usage, because a USB device can be unplugged instantly and
> at any time. The device nicely and dutifully disappears from an 'ls /dev'
> listing when a device is unplugged.
>
> Why is it then that the /var/lock/LCK..ttyUSB1 file is always left behind,
> so it screws up any possibility of doing a nice clean reboot and restart
> of the program that uses it?

What program leaves this file behind? (The pid in there is no longer
helpful, unless it got logged due to a segfault, but what was the last
program used for serial stuff?)

Anyway, it appears some programs automatically delete this file when the
pid is not valid.

Regards,
Clemens

  Last update: 2014-10-13 09:21    [W:0.038 / U:0.204 seconds]