SubjectRe: WARNING at fs/nfs/write.c:743 nfs_inode_remove_request with -rc6
Hey Will,

I’ve been very busy, but I haven’t forgotten about your bug report!

I think the WARN_ON_ONCE is just wrong, there are cases where the PG_INODE_REF
flag is legitimately not set. The flag is set so that sub requests can mimmic the parent
request’s reference count.

Could you please run the reproducer again, unmount, then check the contents of
/proc/fs/nfsfs/servers?

If it’s empty like example output below, then we know that requests are being properly
dereferenced.

# cat /proc/fs/nfsfs/servers
NV SERVER PORT USE HOSTNAME
#

If there are any servers still listed (I’m assuming this is the only mount on your client for
the test), then we have a problem.

-dros