SubjectRe: [systemd-devel] [RFC v2 3/6] kthread: warn on kill signal if not OOM
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Why not to make the timeout configurable through config file? There
> is already udev.conf you can put config option there. Thus people with
> modprobe issues can easily "fix" the problem. And then decrease
> default timeout back to 30 seconds. I agree that long module loading
> (more than 30 secs) is abnormal and should be investigated by driver
> authors.

We can already configure this either on the udev or kernel
commandline, is that not sufficient (I don't object to also adding it
to the config file, just asking)?

> 2) Could you add 'echo w > /proc/sysrq-trigger' to udev code right
> before killing the "modprobe" thread? sysrq will print information
> about stuck threads (including modprobe itself) this will make
> debugging easier. e.g. dmesg here
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40454 says nothing where the threads
> were stuck.

Are the current warnings (in udev git) sufficient (should tell you
which module is taking long, but still won't tell you which kernel
thread of course)?

Cheers,

Tom

  Last update: 2014-10-11 01:21    [W:0.099 / U:0.480 seconds]