SubjectRe: [Patch Part2 V1 00/14] Enhance DMAR drivers to handle PCI/memory hotplug events
From
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Jiang Liu <jiang.liu@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Intel DMA/interrupt remapping drivers scan available PCI/memory devices
> at startup and cache discovered hardware topologies. They don't update
> cached information if PCI/memory hotplug event happens at runtime, then
> the stale information may break DMA/interrupt remapping logic.
>
> This patchset first (Patch 1-8) tries to introduces some helper
> functions and fixes several bugs, then (Patch 9,10) uses a global
> rwsem and RCU to protect global DMA/interrupt remapping data
> structures, and finally (Patch 11-14) hook PCI/memory hotplug events
> to update cached information.
>
> It's also a preparation for supporting of DMA/interrupt remapping
> hotplug.
>
> Jiang Liu (14):
> iommu/vt-d: factor out dmar_alloc_dev_scope() for later reuse
> iommu/vt-d: move private structures and variables into intel-iommu.c
> iommu/vt-d: simplify function get_domain_for_dev()
> iommu/vt-d: free resources if failed to create domain for PCIe
> endpoint
> iommu/vt-d: create device_domain_info structure for intermediate P2P
> bridges
> iommu/vt-d: fix incorrect iommu_count for si_domain
> iommu/vt-d: fix error in detect ATS capability
> iommu/vt-d: introduce macro for_each_dev_scope() to walk device scope
> entries
> iommu/vt-d: introduce a rwsem to protect global data structures
> iommu/vt-d: use RCU to protect global resources in interrupt context
> iommu/vt-d, PCI: update DRHD/RMRR/ATSR device scope caches when PCI
> hotplug happens
> iommu/vt-d, PCI: unify the way to process DMAR device scope array
> iommu/vt-d: update device to static identity domain mapping for PCI
> hotplug
> iommu/vt-d: update IOMMU state when memory hotplug happens
>
> drivers/iommu/dmar.c | 412 +++++++++++++++++--------
> drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c | 583 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------
> drivers/iommu/intel_irq_remapping.c | 108 ++++---
> include/linux/dmar.h | 75 +++--

Hi, Jiang,

What is relationship between your two patchset with my iommu hotplug patchset?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/1/2/527

or yours will just replace mine?

Thanks

Yinghai

  Last update: 2014-01-08 23:21    [W:0.106 / U:0.656 seconds]