SubjectRe: [RFC DO NOT MERGE] tty: n_gsm: support buggy modem
Date
Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2014, 16:51:37 schrieb Alan Cox:
> > > modem status command, but this DV bit is not set. With this patch the
> > > modem
> > > and the whole mux is working fine. Another way makeing all this work is
> > > setting the carrier_raised function to NULL. The tty code assumes that
> > > everything is alright then.
>
> Which means your modem has decided it doesn't yet have a carrier. Do you
> get a carrier after ATD completes with a CONNECTED message ?
>
> (you can open with O_NDELAY to avoid blocking on the open)

Oh! Thank you! This does indeed bring up the channel. After opening
nonblocking and writing ATD *99***1# to a muxed channel the modem sends a
modem status command message with DV bit set.
This does in fact mean, I can only use the mux in nonblocking mode. Does this
make sense ? Why can't I use a muxed channel with blocking IO ? I could do AT
commands over the mux channel and the DV bit is not set (and thus TIOCM_CD is
not set) and the modem (and the mux line discipline) is fine with it.

  Last update: 2014-01-08 15:01    [W:0.061 / U:0.096 seconds]