SubjectRe: lm90 driver no longer working on PCs in 3.13
On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 02:02:16PM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 01/26/2014 01:53 PM, Mark Brown wrote:

As previously mentioned please fix your mailer to word wrap at less than
80 columns.

> >Oh, magic. Can you please file a bug with or otherwise talk to them
> >asking them to turn that off (or contribute code to make it work)? Feel
> >free to add me as a CC when you do so.

> That means they would have to stop supporting anything that _does_
> need regulators, which doesn't make much sense to me.

> I think the bug is on your side, not theirs.

Regardless of how we deal with this with the code that Ubuntu actually
have in the kernel releases you highlighted has isn't intended to work
well with what they're doing. Like I said in another mail ACPI telling
the regulator core that everything can be stubbed would be better but
with what's there right now my immediate recommendation would be to turn
off the config option since we know having it on can cause problems. No
matter what we do in mainline it's not going to change already released
kernels and they can do this right now.

I'm open to surprise but I'm relatively confident that there aren't x86
systems running a mainline kernel without out of tree code that would be
affected (which would be required to set up supplies to do anything
useful). Anything using dummy regulators only will get equivalent
behaviour by turning off the API completely.

  Last update: 2014-01-27 01:01    [W:0.096 / U:0.108 seconds]