SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Git v1.9-rc0
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:15:33AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jeff King <peff@peff.net> writes:
>
> > Junio, since you prepare such tarballs[1] anyway for kernel.org, it
> > might be worth uploading them to the "Releases" page of git/git. I
> > imagine there is a programmatic way to do so via GitHub's API, but I
> > don't know offhand. I can look into it if you are interested.
>
> I already have a script that takes the three tarballs and uploads
> them to two places, so adding GitHub as the third destination should
> be a natural and welcome way to automate it.

I came up with the script below, which you can use like:

./script v1.8.2.3 git-1.8.2.3.tar.gz

It expects the tag to already be pushed up to GitHub. I'll leave
sticking it on the "todo" branch and integrating it into RelUpload to
you. This can also be used to backfill the old releases (though I looked
on k.org and it seems to have only partial coverage).

It sets the "prerelease" flag for -rc releases, but I did not otherwise
fill in any fields, including the summary and description. GitHub seems
to display reasonably if they are not set.

-- >8 --
#!/bin/sh
#
# usage: $0 <tag> <tarball>

repo=git/git

# replace this with however you store your oauth token
# if you don't have one, make one here:
# https://github.com/settings/tokens/new
token() {
pass -n github.web.oauth
}

post() {
curl -H "Authorization: token $(token)" "$@"
}

# usage: create <tag-name>
create() {
case "$1" in
*-rc*)
prerelease=true
;;
*)
prerelease=false
;;
esac

post -d '
{
"tag_name": "'"$1"'",
"prerelease": '"$prerelease"'
}' "https://api.github.com/repos/$repo/releases"
}

# use: upload <release-id> <filename>
upload() {
url="https://uploads.github.com/repos/$repo/releases/$1/assets" &&
url="$url?name=$(basename $2)" &&
post -H "Content-Type: $(file -b --mime-type "$2")" \
--data-binary "@$2" \
"$url"
}

# This is a hack. If you don't mind a dependency on
# perl's JSON (or another parser), we can do a lot better.
extract_id() {
perl -lne '/"id":\s*(\d+)/ or next; print $1; exit 0'
}

create "$1" >release.json &&
id=$(extract_id <release.json) &&
upload "$id" "$2" >/dev/null &&
rm -f release.json

  Last update: 2014-01-25 01:21    [W:0.058 / U:0.080 seconds]