SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] mm, memcg: avoid oom notification when current needs access to memory reserves
On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Greg Kroah-Hartmann wrote:

> > The patches getting proposed through -mm for stable boggles my mind
> > sometimes.
>
> Do you have any objections to patches that I have taken for -stable? If
> so, please let me know.

You've haven't taken the ones that I outlined in
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=138580717728759, so I'm happy that
those could be prevented. I'm identifying another patch here that is
pending in -mm that obviously violates the stable kernel rules and I don't
believe it should be annotated in a way that you'll scoop it up later.

The patch in question hasn't been tested by anybody and I don't think you
want such things to ever be merged into a stable kernel series.

  Last update: 2014-01-21 07:41    [W:0.097 / U:0.224 seconds]