SubjectRe: math_state_restore and kernel_fpu_end disable interrupts?
On Mon 20-01-14 19:22:51, Nate Eldredge wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, George Spelvin wrote:
>
> >>It's credited to Suresh Siddha, whom I've cc'ed (along with others who
> >>signed off). Suresh, if you're still around, could you comment on why
> >>math_state_restore always leaves interrupts disabled, regardless of their
> >>state on entry? Is there a deep reason or is it a bug?
> >
> >What the comments seemed to be implying was that it was a bug to enter
> >this code with interrupts enabled. So the problem may be a little bit
> >more systemic; expert counsel is required.
>
> It would be kind of weird for code that requires disabled interrupts
> on entry to turn around and enable interrupts itself. I agree that
> it would really help for a guru to take a look...
>
> On which note, Suresh's email bounced :-(
Guys, since this is lurking without proper attention for a rather long
time, can you just write a patch which fixes the problem as far as you can
tell, test that the patch indeed fixes your problems and if yes, send it
to Ingo & LKML. If nothing else it should get you more attention.

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR

  Last update: 2014-01-21 16:41    [W:0.067 / U:3.276 seconds]