SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] mm, memcg: avoid oom notification when current needs access to memory reserves
On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Michal Hocko wrote:

> > This is concerning because it's merged in -mm without being tested by Eric
> > and is marked for stable while violating the stable kernel rules criteria.
>
> Are you questioning the patch fixes the described issue?
>
> Please note that the exit_robust_list and PF_EXITING as a culprit has
> been identified by Eric. Of course I would prefer if it was tested by
> anybody who can reproduce it.

You're saying the patch hasn't been tested by anybody and that clearly
violates the first rule in Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt:

- It must be obviously correct and tested.

Adding Greg to the cc if this should be clarified further. The patches
getting proposed through -mm for stable boggles my mind sometimes.

  Last update: 2014-01-21 07:41    [W:0.611 / U:0.236 seconds]