SubjectRe: [munlock] BUG: Bad page map in process killall5 pte:53425553 pmd:075f4067
On 09/17/2013 03:29 PM, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> Hi Vlastimil,
>

>> Also, some of the failures during bisect were not due to this bug, but a WARNING for
>> list_add corruption which hopefully is not related to munlock. While it is probably a far stretch,
>> some kind of memory corruption could also lead to the erroneous behavior of the munlock code.
>>
>> Can you therefore please retest with the bisected patch reverted (patch below) to see if the other
>> WARNING still occurs and can be dealt with separately, so there are not potentially two bugs to
>> be chased at the same time?
>
> Yes there seems to be one more bug, the attached dmesg is for the
> kernel with your patch reverted. I'm trying to bisect the other bug
> now.

Thanks. Meanwhile I was able to reproduce the bug in my patch in a VM
with x86_32 without PAE. As it turns out, pmd_addr_end() on such
configuration without pmd really does not bound the address to page
table boundary, but is a no-op. Working on a fix.

Vlastimil

> Thanks,
> Fengguang

  Last update: 2013-09-17 16:01    [W:0.046 / U:0.056 seconds]