SubjectRe: 3.10: discard/trim support on md-raid1?
Part of this depends on the exact failure mode. I've seen cases where drives
fail, and the drive does a bunch of retries, then the OS does a bunch of
retries, and eventually the read fails, but in the meantime, everything stalls
for a long time.

I've even seen the same thing in at least one case where there was a hardware
RAID card in use.

David Lang