SubjectRe: linux-next: rebase of the drivers-x86 tree
Hi Matthew,

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:08:39 -0400 Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> Because I noticed that one of the patches changed the permissions on a
> file to 755 and rewrote it.

That is hardly a reason to rebase your tree. Just add another commit to
correct the situation. The tree as it stood would not have affected
anyone's building, running or bisecting.

And why do I now have three versions of your tree? The one in linux-next
on Friday, the one in linux-next today, and the one you asked Linus to
pull.

I hope you don't have any developers trying to develop stuff based on
your tree :-(

And yes, this is a rhetorical question, just trying to get you to think
about your process.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2013-07-15 02:41    [W:0.143 / U:0.688 seconds]