SubjectRe: [Patch v5 0/9] liblockdep: userspace lockdep

* Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 06/26/2013 11:53 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >>Ingo, I don't think I see anything holding this back; however I remember

> >So I'd really be interested in how interesting/useful this is to userspace
> >developers? Does it work for something complex as Firefox, or Apache, to
> >the extent they make use of these locking APIs?
>
> So far I've tested it on Firefox, Apache, QEMU, LKVM, GCC and random
> smallish programs. I haven't really done full testing for each of those,
> but just made sure that liblockdep behaves as it supposed to. I'm
> guessing that with further work it will dig up actual issues.

Would it be possible to collect and print some stats about lock API
usages, a'ka /proc/lockdep_stats et al?

Also, Xorg might be something that uses rather involved locking. It might
not use many pthread mutexes though.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2013-06-27 11:41    [W:0.054 / U:0.212 seconds]