    SubjectRe: Linux 3.10-rc6
    From
    On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:

    > Do you really think your cursing controls how other people behave?

    Yes. In three ways:

    - I have magic mind-powers, and cursing releases them, and makes
    kernel developers behave better. I'm not very strong in my
    mind-powers, so only weak-willed individuals are noticeably affected -
    and we really don't have a lot of those - but hey, every little bit
    helps.

    - It turns off small-minded people who care more about tone than
    substance, and means that I can get rid of the whiners.

    - it is a signal for people who have some sense that I'm getting
    irritated, and reminds them about how I pay them the big bucks and
    makes them behave.

    In addition, it turns out that it affects not just other people, but
    the person cursing too: there has also been scientific studies that
    cursing relieves stress and actually relieves pain, and is not the bad
    thing that the PC crowd thinks it is. It turns out that all societies
    have cursing, and it really has an impact.

    Seriously, I'm not just making that sh*t up. Google it.

    Linus

      Last update: 2013-06-16 20:41    [W:3.102 / U:2.564 seconds]