SubjectRe: function call fw iso resource mange(.. ) (core-iso.c) does not return
> Solution 2 --- Perform interdependent works in different queue
> instances.
> (Keep the WQ_MEM_RECLAIM flag set at those workqueues that have to take
> work which is necessary for progress of memory reclaim. If this and
> only
> this solution is employed for an SBP-2 initiator, we need two if not
> more
> WQ_MEM_RECLAIM workqueue instances.)

I would go for this solution. I have no problems with lots of workqueues
around, because there is only a relatively small structure required for
each workqueue.

> Solution 3 --- Remove the dependency between worklets:
>
> Solution 3a --- Remove the lower-level worklet altogether.
> E.g. reimplement the lower-level worklet as a tasklet.

No, I like the workqueue context. :)

> Solution 3b --- Remove the higher-level worklet's dependency.
> E.g. reimplement the higher-level worklet such that it is woken by
> a timer and then aborts or reschedules ( = lets the lower-level
> worklet bubble up in the queue).

This looks more difficult to me and not so easy to test.

Stephan

  Last update: 2013-05-22 16:01    [W:0.048 / U:0.564 seconds]