SubjectRe: [Consult] Why need we call device_remove_file() firstly before call device_unregister() ?
On 05/20/2013 10:20 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:12:41AM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>> > I mean that if no reply by any other members within a week, I will know
>> > it is correct that "we need not call device_remove_file() firstly before
>> > call device_unregister()" (at least, one member's reply supports this
>> > conclusion).
>> >
>> > I find this 'question' when discussing a patch with another members in
>> > linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, I have read the related code and also have
>> > searched with google, but can not find the result, so I want to consult
>> > it in linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org.
> Asking random questions on lkml, and relying on the fact that no one
> else happens to say anything, is not any judge as to if the answer is
> correct at all.

OK, I can understand, now, thank you for your reply.

And I wish, we can provide the confirmation of all related questions
about Linux kernel, in the future,

> In fact, just asking questions on lkml has a very low chance of ever
> getting a correct answer, given that the people that usually do know the
> answer to these types of things are usually:
> 1) not reading lkml because they are busy doing real work

I should understand, they have no duty to have to reply the related
mail, especially every members already have their own work (and
normally, they are really busy).

> 2) annoyed by questions that are easily answered by themselves by
> either:
> a) reading the code

I have done, so I need not worry about this item. :-)

> b) writing a simple example module and testing it out yourself

Precisely, I did not do it firstly. It seems I should do it firstly
(although, at least now, I do not think it will get any valuable result
for our this case)

> Good luck,

OK, 'Lucky' is really the first important !!

I should continue to analyze this question, independent this 'consult' mail.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation

  Last update: 2013-05-20 05:21    [W:0.034 / U:0.220 seconds]