SubjectRe: [Patch 1/1] cciss: bug fix, prevent cciss from loading in kdump kernel
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:59:06 -0500 Mike Miller <mike.miller@hp.com> wrote:

> Patch 1/1
>
> If hpsa is selected as the Smart Array driver cciss may try to load in the
> kdump kernel. When this happens kdump fails and a core file cannot be created.
> This patch prevents cciss from trying to load in this scenario. This effects
> primarily older Smart Array controllers.

OK, this is weird. kdump and scsi drivers are pretty darn remote things
and I've never heard of such an interaction. Can you tell us a bit more
about how and why this happened? Is there something special about
cciss, or can we expect similar kdump interactions with other device drivers?

  Last update: 2013-04-17 00:41    [W:0.067 / U:0.364 seconds]