Subjectlinux-next: unneeded merge in the security tree
Hi all,

[James, I am not picking on you, just using your tree to illustrate a
point.]

The top commit in the security tree today is a merge of v3.9-rc2. This
is a completely unnecessary merge as the tree before the merge was a
subset of v3.9-rc1 and so if the merge had been done using anything but
the tag, it would have just been a fast forward. I know that this is now
deliberate behaviour on git's behalf, but isn't there some way we can
make this easier on maintainers who are just really just trying to pick a
new starting point for their trees after a release? (at least I assume
that is what James was trying to do)

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2013-03-12 01:01    [W:0.082 / U:1.168 seconds]