SubjectDead mappings and drivers in MTD
Hi MTD folks,

we have huge amount of drivers, espacially mapping drives in
'drivers/mtd', and for sure may of them are for ancient devices which
are long dead and not supported by modern kernels anyway. I would like
to do a small clean-up. It is difficult to judge which ones are dead for
me, so I am asking the community to help. Thanks!

There are few easy cases - some drivers depend on Kconfig symbols which
are not defined anywhere - I guess these are clear candidates for
removal. For example this one:

config MTD_DBOX2
tristate "CFI Flash device mapped on D-Box2"
depends on DBOX2 && MTD_CFI_INTELSTD && MTD_CFI_INTELEXT && MTD_CFI_AMDSTD
help
This enables access routines for the flash chips on the Nokia/Sagem
D-Box 2 board. If you have one of these boards and would like to use

Grepping for "DBOX2" gives nothing.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy

  Last update: 2013-03-11 17:01    [W:0.032 / U:0.052 seconds]